Adult Counselling Services
What is Counselling?
Counselling, otherwise known as talking therapy, involve talking to a trained professional about your feelings, thoughts and behaviours. There are several types of talking therapies, each one aiming to:
Provides a safe space to talk to confidentially
Ensure you are non judgementally listened to
Provide a space to explore and reflect on your thoughts and feelings
Enabling you to resolve complicated feelings or learn to better live with them
Help you to identify unhelpful behaviours or patterns of thought and then finding ways to change them
For you to have a better understanding and acceptance of yourself
How Important is Your Relationship With Your Therapist During Counselling?
Research shows that it is crucial to ensure you have a good relationship with your Counsellor. Most importantly, this helps with how successfully you find Counselling. For that reason, regardless of their experience or therapies they practice, if you don't like or trust them, it is less likely to be a positive experience. As a result, you may be less likely to open up to them.
Consequently, if you are looking for the perfect counsellor for you, don't forget to consider looking for the following qualities:
- Non-judgmentally listening
- Self Awareness
- See the issues from the client's view of the world
How Can Our Turn2Us Counsellors Support You
Our highly experienced Counsellors at Turn2Us have over 25 years of experience. As a result, we can ensure you have the space you need to explore any issues you may be facing safely. Our team include counsellors that specialise in certain areas. An example of this would be dealing with grief. Below are some of the things the counsellors can support you with:
- Relationship issues
- Past or current traumatic experiences
- Upsetting experiences, whether they are recent or happened some time ago
- Dealing with difficult emotions. Some examples of these could be low self-esteem, anger, confusion, sadness, grief or guilt
- Mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, OCD, PTSD or eating disorders
- Long term physical health issues
- Drug or alcohol addiction
- Explore issues surrounding sexual identity
- And so much more
Why Choose us to Help You on Your Journey
- We have over 25 years experience.
- Every Counsellor is registered with the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) or The National Counselling Society. As a result, they adhere to the strict code of ethics and practice for counsellors.
- Each Counsellor receives monthly supervision. As a result, it ensures good counselling standards are maintained.
- All Counsellors are also Mental Health 1st Aid Trainers and Champions.
- Each Counsellor is also qualified in a variety of therapies to ensure the best results.
- We will match you with the Counsellor you feel most comfortable with.
- Counselling sessions can be face to face, on the telephone or online to suit you.
- There are no criteria for sessions.
- Lastly, there are no waiting lists, so you can get started as soon as you are ready.
What Does the Counselling Process Look Like?
Most importantly, Counselling is not a quick fix. As a result, it may take some time for you to see if it is helping you or not. Therefore, all prospective clients have a short assessment session. Consequently, this allows you to decide if you wish to commit to the counselling process.
In addition, it is vital that you attend the sessions regularly. As a result, you would typically commit to between a minimum of 6 sessions and 20 sessions. Depending on what you are working on and the progress made will determine how many sessions you will need.
Furthermore, every session will last for 50 minutes. Your Counsellor will agree on a suitable date and time for each session. Due to time constraints, it would generally finish at the usual time if you arrive late for any session.
What to do Next
Life can be difficult at times. Sometimes it can feel like crashing down for you. If you could do with a helping hand, let Turn2Us Counselling help you. After all, we all need some support once in a while. You are not alone.
Are You Looking to Work With Us?
Our services are constantly expanding across the UK. Are you a highly skilled and at least a level 4 qualified counsellor? Are you looking to work within a caring organisation then get in touch?
Maybe you are looking to expand your skill set and tools for your own clients. Then check out our professional courses which are perfect for any Counsellor toolkit.
What is Counselling in simple words?
Counselling is where a professional therapist assists and guides you to help resolve problems and difficulties. For example, personal, social, or psychological issues and challenges.
What is the purpose of Counselling?
During Counselling, the Counsellor helps you address your thoughts, feelings and issues positively. In addition, it enables you to clarify the problems, explore your options, increase your self-awareness and develop strategies.
Who needs Counselling?
Counselling can be for anyone at any point in their lives. Some examples are:
Past or current traumatic experiences
Upsetting experiences, whether they are recent or happened some time ago
Dealing with difficult emotions. Some examples of these could be low self-esteem, anger, confusion, sadness, grief or guilt
Mental health issues, such as depression or anxiety
Long term physical health issues
What are the qualities of a good Counsellor?
See the issues from the client's view of the world